Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Making Toys



 I have been in contact with MK Friends you can find out who they are here: MK FRIENDS


I asked what they needed and found they wanted toys or blankets to sell in their shop in the Milton Keynes Hospital.

As I have been making blankets galore I decided to make toys for a change.

In order for the toys to be safe I needed this

 

Safety eyes are either sewn in or safety eyes for toys that have a lock on the back so they can't be pulled out.

Yarn is acrylic as it can be washed and some people can have allergies to wool based yarn.

I have various books with patterns in them to use.


I love Jean Greenhowe's patterns they are easy to follow and you have all the instructions to assemble things so you are sure of a good result. 

Amigurumi is a lovely way to make small toys and the book I have is the knitted version of this craft.

The Rainbow Babies are a fun project and you can make a wide variety of colours.


I will also use some patterns that I have used in the past.


 This is simple to make 

Bunny Blanket



This Little Teddy makes a lovely first teddy or maybe one that can be tucked into a bag as a mascot.

All of these will give me a range of projects to use and will provide something for MK Friends to sell and help those who need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Projects

 Cat Blankets are top of the list. I prefer to crochet because it tends to be faster and there's only one stitch to secure, which is a b...