Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Cat Blanket

 I've decided to create a variety of blankets for Cats Protection, featuring different sizes and patterns. They prefer smaller blankets for baskets and larger ones for the cats to cuddle into, which they can take to their permanent homes. Utilizing leftover yarn to craft colorful blankets allows me to mix things up and create something attractive.


The yarn is variegated and DK (8ply) by holding 2 strands together it created a nice thick material that will be cosy and warm.

The pattern is simple and one that I have had for years. I have no idea where I found it.

It is named Mary's Blanket. The patterns were part of a list I discovered in the early 2000s. I've had the list printed for about 20 years and refer to it occasionally. I'm not sure if they're intended for pet blankets or baby blankets, as I've been unable to locate them again. Thus, I've been using them for pet blankets. They are all knitted, and I particularly liked this one because it was intriguing and matched the yarn well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Projects

 Cat Blankets are top of the list. I prefer to crochet because it tends to be faster and there's only one stitch to secure, which is a b...