Thursday, August 20, 2020

Amigurumi

 I love Amigurumi and find it fun to make small items. Having a Harry Potter Crochet book that my Husband bought me for last Christmas, I started to try out the patterns..



Sorting hat on a garden Gnome

I wonder which House he would be sorted into? Maybe Hufflepuff would be the best for a Gnome.

Professor  Minerva McGonagall. She turned out okay, a little larger than I thought but she was fun to make.

Meet my Niffler, his name is Scout. I made the little owl that sits on his coin. I wanted a small owl and played around with the Hedwig pattern to make a smaller owl. He is cute and so far does not have a name.

This is my take on a Ravenclaw Witch. I used a mix of the Hermione pattern and Professor McGonagall. I used the closest colours I had  Ravenclaw anad made the hat band from a friendship bracelet pattern making it long enough to go around her hat.
Mixing and matching patterns means I can play with fresh ideas on theme.

Have you guessed yet that I am a Harry Potter fan!


I made these characters a while ago for myself and my friends. Each one holds a charm that represents something about each of us. Mine is the one with the Dragonfly. The one with the flower was for a friend who loves Nature and the one with the book was for a friend who loves books. They are really tiny and can be held in the palm of your hand. I played with mini Amigurumi patterns and made them even smaller. I made cloth skirts for each doll.

Just a sample of my adventure into Amigurumi.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 JUNE Half way through the year already! Time is flying past. I have been making Worry Worms and Octopuses for MK Friends. They seem to be p...