Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Fake Mobius Scarf

I think everyone by now knows I like simple patterns that create a nice effect. 

I wanted to make a pretty scarf the problem was I had a 100g ball of yarn and unless I mad a skinny scarf it would not be long enough. Then came the light bulb moment a Fake Mobius Scarf.

These need a pattern that is the same on both sides, Garter stitch is the obvious choice but I wanted something different. I wrote down a pattern years ago that I liked and decided to use that.

It is a simple one row repeat.

Cast on 26, to make it wider add stitches in groups of 4.
Row 1 and every row.
*K2, K1 through back loop, P1. Repeat from * to last 2 stitches K2
That's it repeat this row until the scarf is a long as you want it.

I found this video that shows how to create the twist needed to make a fake mobius.

FAKE MOBIUS SCARF

Using blanket stitch to join the two ends makes the seam lay flat.


The scarf looks pretty and it means you can use that 100g ball you have lurking in the stash waiting to be used.

I have made this for MK Friends and have put it in the tub ready for their next fayre.MK FRIENDS




No comments:

Post a Comment

 JUNE Half way through the year already! Time is flying past. I have been making Worry Worms and Octopuses for MK Friends. They seem to be p...