Friday, July 1, 2022

BABY BLANKETS

I wanted to help out the Premature Baby Unit in our local Hospital. A neighbour mentioned how they needed some blankets so I set to making a few.  Blankets need to have no holes, so nothing lacy. Tiny fingers can get caught in the fabric along with any tubes that are needed. With this in mind I made the blankets below.




This is Blanket 1 a simple corner to corner blanket with a crochet border.



Blanket 2 is a nicely textured pattern that looks pretty and has no holes.



Blanket 3. This one has a tendency to curl a bit. Again nicely textured and looks pretty.


Blanket 4. A crochet blanket that works up fairly quickly and has a lovely feel to it. Finding a pattern with no holes was a challenge. Even the no holes patterns tend to have gaps that I thought would not be suitable. This one does not have any holes. I added a simple border to finish it off.

These are called Angel Pockets for obvious reasons. They helped to use up the yarn I had.

These will be handed over to a lady who works in the Unit. I will ask her about what size is best for them and if possible make more.

I have a few projects that need doing so it be a while before I make more baby blankets.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 JUNE Half way through the year already! Time is flying past. I have been making Worry Worms and Octopuses for MK Friends. They seem to be p...