Tuesday, November 16, 2021

HULA BLANKET 2

 A second blanket is now complete.

I like making squares as they are a small project that is easy to do anywhere at any time. Sometimes I make square between projects so I have a stash of squares ready to be made into blankets.

This time I did not have a stash of squares so I made them especially for the blanket. The pattern is simple and a one row repeat. 

The pattern is called Brain Fog.   BRAIN FOG   I used up some  Aran weight yarn for this project and it has made a nice soft blanket. 

I wanted a nice solid but attractive way to join the squares. This is an easy way to join squares that makes a solid join and looks nice. Flat Chain Join

This is the result

       

A nice cosy blanket.

I added a simple single crochet border in the same yarn I joined the squares with for continuity.
The next blanket will be a crochet one. I want to make some other things first ready for Christmas so the next blanket is on hold for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 JUNE Half way through the year already! Time is flying past. I have been making Worry Worms and Octopuses for MK Friends. They seem to be p...