Monday, July 26, 2021

The BIG KNIT

 I love the Big Knit it helps use up oddments of yarn and the little hats go to a good cause. What am I talking about? I am talking about this.

The Big Knit

For every smoothie sold with a hat on it Age UK get 25pence. Now what  can you with your tiny hat once you get home?

They can be used as egg cozies, desk decorations, bunting, Christmas tree decorations or you can return them to Age UK to be use the following year. What do they look like?

Bears, Octopus and a Dinosaur



Floral hats and one with Cherries.

Bobble hats

Playing with patterns for Bobble hats and a Cupcake

Striped hats

More Bobble hats

Playing with yarn to create patterns

The last ones were made using 2 colours changing colours for each stitch (Knit  1 yellow 1 blue) across the row then reversing it ( Purl 1 blue 1 yellow). I played around with colours and row counts to create interest.

Butterfly on flower, Octopus, Rabbit

Cat and a Fish

Unicorn!

The hat with the butterfly was easy to create and I will be making more of them as I have a lot of butterfly buttons. The cat was easy to make as well I may use google eyes as sewing them is a nightmare as some yarns seem thinner than others even when they are all DK ( 8ply/ Light Worsted).

I love the fish it is a little fiddly as you sew on the tail and fins but it is cute as when it on a bottle it looks like it is swallowing it. The blue Jellyfish was super easy and the tendrils as so easy to make and attach. I am not sure about the Unicorn I want to see if there is another pattern, it is okay and I will add it to the bag I think it needs a snout adding to make it look more like a Unicorn.

There are lots of patterns to try Big Knit Patterns These on the Age UK site.

I like some of these as well Jo's Big Knit With all these patterns you are not short on ideas and as the project is small you can try out new techniques.

I plan on making 2 per day until mid August that gives the lady who will collect them time to do so. The cut off date is the end of August as they want the hats ready for October.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 JUNE Half way through the year already! Time is flying past. I have been making Worry Worms and Octopuses for MK Friends. They seem to be p...