Saturday, March 25, 2023

Rainbow Babies

 I love Jean Greenhowe patterns. All the patterns are easy to follow and fun to make.

RAINBOW BABIES

The idea is to make the dolls colourful and the little bags are a fun touch.

This time I did not make the little bags, no particular reason I just wanted to move onto other things.



I wanted to make them with different skin tones to add variety. They are quick to make and don't take a lot of toy filling. This time I used safety eyes as sometimes sewn eyes can be picked at by little fingers and pull out.

I marked the 10th row and added the eyes after a few more knitted rows. I also sewed the mouth and nose in place before I stuffed the doll. 

The sewn buttons on the doll was done using a long sewing needle for toy making. these were added after I stuffed the doll. I took the yarn into the neck and fastened it off securely. 

The scarf is sewn in place so it can't be lost and a little one will not choke on it. 

These are fun to make and can be made will bright colours or if you want softer colours.






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Projects

 Cat Blankets are top of the list. I prefer to crochet because it tends to be faster and there's only one stitch to secure, which is a b...