Friday, February 11, 2022

Spring Placemat and Coaster

 I love to make things for the seasons and decided to make a simple placemat and coaster.


All my crochet terms are US terms.

I had some cotton yarn I wanted to use up and the spring like colours were perfect for this project. I is a simple single crochet pattern, nothing fancy. I created a chain to the size I wanted for the placemat and started 2 chains in and worked a single crochet stitch into each chain. Chain 1 and single crochet across. Repeat until the placemat is the size you want. I added a picot border. This is easy to do. 

Picot Stitch

This adds a nice border that lifts the simple single crochet to make it look fancy.

The Coaster was made in the same way but smaller.

This would make a quick item for a gift and can be made in a variety of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 JUNE Half way through the year already! Time is flying past. I have been making Worry Worms and Octopuses for MK Friends. They seem to be p...